Is Chiropractic Care Safe for Individuals with Osteoporosis?
Woodstock, United States - May 26, 2023 / Ribley Family Chiropractic /
Are you one of the millions of Americans suffering from osteoporosis? If so, you’re probably wondering, “Can you go to a chiropractor if you have osteoporosis?” Chiropractic care can treat many of the condition’s symptoms.
When you’re ready for pain relief, reach out to Ribley Family Chiropractic, a trusted back pain chiropractor in Woodstock, GA.
What Is Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis most commonly affects women over 50 years old. As people age, their bone density naturally lessens. In people with osteoporosis, however, the density becomes dangerously low. The body stops naturally replacing bone tissue.
While both men and women suffer from osteoporosis, risk factors include:
- Low hormone levels
- Eating disorders
- Certain medications
How Can Chiropractic Treatment Help Osteoporosis?
Doctors cannot cure osteoporosis, but chiropractic care can manage some symptoms of your osteoporosis.
What Treatments Help
Can you go to a chiropractor if you have osteoporosis? Yes, and several chiropractic treatments improve osteoporosis symptoms:
- Spinal manipulation: Your chiropractor will mobilize your spine to restore the full range of motion to stiff joints. Spinal manipulation frequently improves pain management.
- Electrotherapy: Electromagnetic energy improves bone healing and strengthens the bones against future breaks and injuries. Electrotherapy also reduces inflammation, relieving your overall pain.
- Soft tissue massage therapy: Soft tissue includes muscles and the connective tissue around your joints. Massage increases blood flow to these areas without putting pressure on the spine or bones. Your chiropractor can release the stress around your trigger points to reduce your pain.
- Home exercise: Your chiropractor can provide specific exercises to help strengthen your muscles, improve posture, and prevent misalignments. Regular exercise is essential in managing your condition, reducing injury, and enhancing healing.
- Laser treatment: A low-level laser can repair connective tissue and improve overall bone health.
- Dietary support: What you eat affects every area of your body. Your chiropractor can recommend a lifestyle coach or nutritionist to work with you in establishing healthy food habits. This diet will support your chiropractic treatments and improve your overall quality of life.
- Bracing: A strap or brace can protect your bones from further injury and strengthen your posture.
How Chiropractic Care Helps with Osteoporosis
When you seek chiropractic treatment for osteoporosis in Woodstock, you may see several benefits:
- Pain management: With regular chiropractic treatments, you’ll manage your pain better. Your body can recover more easily from injuries, and you reduce inflammation.
- A strengthened mind and body: When aided by exercise and a healthy diet, chiropractic treatments strengthen your body. Both your bones and muscles become stronger. Not clouded by pain, your mind functions with increased clarity.
- The overall quality of life: With less pain and more strength, you can enjoy your life. Osteoporosis shouldn’t keep you from thriving.
Choose Ribley Family Chiropractic for Treating Osteoporosis in Woodstock
Can you go to a chiropractor if you have osteoporosis? Yes, and Ribley Family Chiropractic can help manage your pain. Whether it’s fixing uneven shoulders or relieving your pain from osteoporosis, they’re passionate about healing. Contact Ribley Family Chiropractic today.
Ribley Family Chiropractic
2453 Towne Lake Pkwy, Woodstock, GA 30189
Woodstock, GA 30189
Original Source: https://ribleychiro.com/can-you-go-to-a-chiropractor-if-you-have-osteoporosis/